Friday, August 26, 2011

The Breakfast Burrito vs Breakfast Taco Debate

It is time to finally settle one of the largest debates in history. One that I get into an argument with people consistently.
The breakfast burrito vs breakfast taco debate.
Is it a burrito? Is it a taco?

I didn't see the light and fully understand this until I moved to Austin and people would yell at me for wrongly calling this delicious breakfast treat a "burrito," but I now see the error of my ways and hope that you too, will start calling it by the correct name.

I am now going to explain to you, dear readers, why the correct term for a small tortilla filled with eggs/bacon/beans/whathaveyou is called a breakfast taco and NOT a breakfast burrito.

1. A burrito is large. When you go to Chipotle and order a burrito, it is a large tortilla. When you order tacos, you get a choice of crispy or soft, and they are small. Breakfast tacos are small. They are not giant things that you need to wrap your hands around to eat. And not all tacos are crispy! Jeez louise people.

2. Rice. Burritos have rice in them. Tacos do not. Do I need to explain this further?


This is a burrito.



This is a taco.




Therefor, these are breakfast tacos.


Case closed.

1 comment:

  1. The best burrito restaurant in town is Freebird Mexican Restaurant. Burritos, Tacos, Tortillas, Quesadillas, Nachos, Salads, and Bowls are some of the scrumptious meals available at Freebirds.
    To learn more about the menu prices at Freebird Restaurant, visit here.menu freebirds

    ReplyDelete